the weekend that was
iPhone 4s + VSCO Cam™ – Visual Supply Company app
+ an early start to the weekend, being collected thursday morning to go camping near ross-on-wye with nic, jeanine and joe + cooking outdoors on an open fire, on a hearth made from river rocks + macgyver-style fixing of the gazebo after it had blown over in the wind (twice) + rain + sunshine + rain again + swimming in the river + a country walk + some fab pub lunches + making campfire damper (recipe below) and cooking it over the fire + skinny dipping in the river on my birthday + piglets + a visit to the owners of the land we were camping on (relatives of joe’s) – sharing wine & swapping stories + sitting on the lee side of a tree whilst the others napped, everything soggy from the rain, a damp paperback, happier than i have *ever* been in the city + four days of excellent company, storytelling and relaxing.
[weekending with amanda] – how was yours?
campfire damper recipe
(makes 8 damper)
- 3 teacups self-raising flour
- 4 generous knobs of butter
- 2-3 cups full fat organic milk
- good pinch of salt
- rub butter into flour until well mixed in. add salt, then milk until a soft dough forms.
- find a good, long stick and whittle off the bark
- grab a bit of dough about the size of a large lime
- roll into a snake and wrap around your stick
- cook over campfire until the dough has puffed up and the damper slides easily off your stick
- stuff with butter and jam/honey/vegemite