- Matariki, winter solstice, Whiro (the new moon)
- objects of desire: ceramic bowls, a tidy home, tomatoes on sourdough toast, nordic bakery cinnamon buns
- home-made pizza dough*
- paperbacks by Māori authors & locally made photography books, like the incredible work of Sara McIntyre in her recently published work: Observations of a Rural Nurse
- poem writing during a pandemic (+ being inspired these amazing ones written by students who participated in an online poetry workshop)
* my home-made pizza dough recipe
(on repeat every friday night)
- 500 grams white flour
- 50 grams olive oil
- 10 grams salt
- 10 grams instant yeast
- 300 ml tepid water
mix into a soft dough. rest until doubled in size. form 3 balls, roll out and top with your favourite toppings. bake at 220c for 12-15 minutes.
I acknowledge the Te Arawa and Hauraki tribes as the rightful custodians of the land I live on. I consider my role here as one of kaitiakitanga and pay my respects to their elders, past, present and emerging.