fulham road cemetery. canon 5d mk II + diana lens
it’s been a busy week here at postcardsfrom HQ: New Job took up a lot of my waking thoughts (and some of my dreaming ones); I passed up on a date with three awesome ladies in favour of some more sleep; I lead the game over at exquisite corpse with fantastic interpretations from the participants; the duck prosciutto turned out marvellously and I’ve got some way towards figuring out how to use the new flash unit I got for my camera. Wish me luck for the first of my wedding photo sessions tomorrow (I need all the good vibes I can get)!
In other parts of the interwebs…
- Francesca finds the coolest things… like the story store.
- love the google web fonts. i’m trying to decide which ones i want to try out
- 37 posters from society6. movie & television quoted posters in awesome shapes. hat tip to one of my new work mates for these treasures
- unplug. go on
- they draw and cook. art meets recipes. awesome
- if i said the phrase “mudfog and other sketches”, could you tell me what is (without looking it up)?
- Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
- OMG – libraries never looked so sexy (I always wanted to be a librarian)
- i want to stay here so bad
- if i manage all of these, I think I’ve done okay…
cherish your solitude. take trains by yourself to places you have never been. sleep alone under the stars. learn how to drive a stick shift. go so far away that you stop being afraid of not coming back. say no whenever you don’t want to do something. say yes if your instincts are strong, even if everyone around you disagrees. decide whether you want to be liked or admired. decide if fitting in is more important than finding out what you’re doing here. believe in kissing.
– eve ensler
happy friday everyone!
* disclaimer: this may not actually happen weekly. just sayin’