(observational notes of exquisitely ordinary moments)
something to read
i’ve got a pile of books sitting next to me that i am partway through, or have yet to begin. i do this a lot – buy books, then leave them sitting around in heaps until i’m good and ready to read them. the pile i’m looking at contains:
- i am pilgrim by Terry Hayes
- stay curious – How we created a world class event in a cowshed by Clare Hieatt
- grounded – How connection with nature can improve our mental and physical wellbeing by Ruth Allen
- petal power by Julia Atkinson-Dunn
- yearbook five – Dedicated to one percent better by Hiut Denim
somewhere we wandered
nic and i went out for a walk today on two of my favourite tracks on the island. they’re mostly bush and have a beautiful stream running through part of the track called the cascades. i always feel better after being in there.
something that surprised me
a friend told me about a new vegan ice-cream today – salted caramel. conveniently, nic was at the supermarket at the time of this discovery and brought some home. they were delicious.